WOAI Local News Sponsored by Five Star Cleaners

 

East Side Woman Hurt in House Fire

East Side Woman Hurt in House Fire

A woman in her seventies who is partially blind was rescued by fire crews after a fire erupted in the bedroom of her east side home this morning, 1200 WOAI's Morgan Montalvo reports.

 

  Fire crews were called to the 1000 block of H Street about 2:30 Sunday morning, and when they arrived they found flames shooting out of the windows of a bedroom.

 

  Firefighters entered the home and found the woman near a rear door where she was apparently trying to flee to safety.

 

  She was treated for smoke inhalation but declined hospitalization. 

 

  The fire is believed to have been caused by either a space heater or a cigarette.

 

More Articles